Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Two, Entry Two

I just got back from the Roger Williams Park Zoo, I had so much fun. I did notice that my lower back has started to ache. Its one of those dull, I-hurt-but-not-enough-to-be-anything-more-than-a-nuisance types of aches. I haven't noticed anywhere else aching (as of yet).

I had my first experience with Rhode Island public transportation. Doreen, another one of the lovely ladies from the blood center, dropped me off at the zoo after my second set of injections.

Speaking of the injections, let me just say that they sting. In my case, the left arm stings more than the right. I am also one of the rare cases that requires post-injection band-aids because I bleed. Leave it to me.

Anyway, back to my original story, the zoo and public transportation. So I didn't have to worry about getting there. On the way back I had to take either a) the bus system or b) a cab. Considering the expected cost of a cab was $14.50 I chose the bus system. I sat for nearly 40 minutes at the bus stop only to be told, upon asking the third bus (the first two that drove by were 'out of service') driver, that I was on the wrong side of the street. When I finally got onto the right bus there were a ton of people complaining, one passenger was really mean to the driver when he got on, and I was already ready to get off the bus. At Kennedy Plaza I missed by second bus the first time it was at the station. Thankfully while waiting I met a nice woman who talked to me about home. It was nice to share things about Maine, like Stephen King's house and winter weather, with someone. She was getting on the same bus as I was so she made sure I didn't miss it the second time around. The bus was crowded so I didn't ask the bus driver for help about where to get off the bus. On a proud note I got off at a stop that was so close to the hotel that I could see it. Considering I have no sense of direction I am happy that I did it all on my own. Maybe now I can show my Mom around once she gets here!

I think my next stop for the evening is the Cheesecake Factory to meet Nick, the young man who just donated through the blood center. I am excited to talk with him about everything. I want to ask a lot of questions and just get a first hand account of what to expect, even if it involves some things that aren't great.

No comments:

Post a Comment