Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day Four, Entry One

Happy Easter!

This morning was an initially early one for me, I had to be up at 7:00 am to go get my forth set of filgrastim injections. Patricia needed to head out early in order to spend time with her family. Today the injections seemed to sting more than usual, maybe the backs of my arms are rebelling against being jabbed everyday.

After I got back to my hotel I snuggled back into bed and slept for a while longer, I even slept through a text message which isn't something that happens very often. Normally my ringtone wakes me up, but I guess my body is fatigued from the filgrastim and the walking everywhere.

The aching has spread from just my lower back to my hips as well. I noticed it last night as I was laying in bed trying to sleep. My left femur was also aching a bit too, but only the left one. As of right now I don't feel all that bad, just tired. Patricia told me this morning that the medication has a 6-hour peak time when the aches get the worst. For me it seems like the aching is worst right before bed (which is well past 6 hours post-injection).

It is kind of crazy that the apheresis is tomorrow. I'm getting nervous again, despite my best efforts not to be. I don't know what I am so scared of, the concept is pretty simple: don't move your arm with the non-flexible needle and you'll be fine. I guess I just worry that they are going to tell me my CBC is too low and that I have to have surgery. It isn't that I'm scared of surgery, because I'm not - I have had 4 already (appendectomy & 3 ACL reconstructions), its that I am worried about having to reschedule everything back home because of it.

Well, it is a beautiful day out so I am going to go find somewhere comfy to plop myself down and read. I probably ought to do my homework but I think I'll worry about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment