Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day Six, Entry One

Today has been a bit chaotic. Up early again for round two of apheresis, thankfully no shots needed today. Got jabbed with needles again, found out my white blood cell count climbed to 35, even without more filgrastim. Since I had 15.5 liters of blood filtered yesterday I could only do 8.5 liters today so I was only hooked to the machine for 3 hours rather than 5.

Everything went smoothly, although my vein was fluttery today due to a valve. It was an interesting feeling, almost as if I had a bumblebee stuck under my skin trying to get out.

After they unhooked me I got to talk to Doreen and say goodbye to Jackie. Mom and I grabbed sandwiches from a little pizza shop and I started to get emotional. I'm not 100% sure why, but I've cried a few times today. I don't know if its leaving (I met so many amazing people that I didn't want to leave behind) or just being overtired and overwhelmed or what.

My Mom has dropped me off and I am back at my apartment, feeling kind of glum still. Its been a long week and I guess now that its back to "regular" its all catching up with me. I guess I just need to catch up on my sleep and take deep breaths, let things come one day at a time. In 30 days Doreen should get an update about my recipient and I have been asked to be hold how he's doing. I can only hope that its good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment