Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Two, Entry Three

Grrr. I just typed a whole entry that was deleted when I tried to post it. Sometimes I hate the internet.

After some down time in my room following my adventure to the zoo I walked to the Cheesecake Factory (and, as I found out, the whole mall). I went to talk with Nick. He is very nice and took some time out of his shift to talk to me about the process. During the conversation he decided that Monday he would bring me a piece of cheesecake while I am having my apheresis. I felt bad keeping him from work so I didn't ask all the questions I wanted to. I think tomorrow we might meet up before he has to work so I can ask them all then.

It is going to be nice to have another person to talk to. To be honest I am getting a little lonely. I like to think that I am an independent person but I can only take so much social isolation. My Mom isn't getting here until Sunday afternoon so being able to meet Nick has been nice. I am very thankful that the blood center contacted him and that he was okay with meeting me. Insert sigh of relief here.

Other than that my back is aching still. I can't tell if its the filgrastim working its magic or if I just have been walking so much my back is angry. I'd like to hope its the former of the two options, but who knows. I am at the point where I think I am just going to curl up in bed after posting this. I ordered pizza, Tuscan 6-cheese, delivered to my room so I have that to munch on if I feel like it. I ate a few slices already so I am pretty full. Poor TV signal might put a damper on me watching a whole lot of TV tonight but maybe I will fall asleep and it won't matter.

So to summarize: my back is aching and I am lonely. I am hoping that tomorrow I can at least eliminate the lonely factor. I can deal with achiness. Tylenol and laughter works wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment