Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day Three, Entry Two

After my first blog today I went back to bed and curled up into a ball. I fell back asleep until 10:39 when one of my friends from back home called me. He felt bad so he told me to call him back later. Ten minutes later Nick called about meeting up today. He had a few things to do so we agreed on 2:30 or so at Borders for coffee.

By the time I got done with my phone calls I decided I might as well stay awake and eat lunch, so I had cold pizza leftovers and called my friend back. We didn't talk about anything in particular except getting together once I get home.

Since I knew I'd be going to the mall anyway I left the hotel early to explore the mall and see the stores. My Mom told me that she'd buy me a little something for Easter once she gets down here so I thought that I might as well head there early. The mall is HUGE compared to the mall back home. Back home we have one floor, period. There are like 5 floors at the mall here. Its crazy. I decided to start from the top and work my way down. I got sidetracked on the top floor though because I absolutely fell in love with the store Lush (http://www.lushusa.com/shop). Amazing! I am definitely getting my Easter gift(s) from there rather than buying clothes. The other store I fell in love with is the Crate & Barrel. I love to cook so all the little gadgets they sell are cool. I think for graduation I am going to make a registry so that people can just buy me gifts from the store.

By the time I made it through all the floors Nick had texted me to let me know that he was on his way to Borders. We met up for coffee even though neither one of us drank coffee. He got an Odwalla juice and I got an orange-mango slushy. There weren't any tables open so we walked around Providence for a bit. We just talked, not even about the donation process, but about everything. School, sports, the future, and yes, the donation too. He's dead set on bringing cheesecake by on Monday so at least I know I'll have a sugar rush. We talked until ten minutes before his shift started and then I headed back towards the hotel.

Rather than going straight back to the hotel I walked up to the Whole Foods again to get some juice. I wound up getting 2 bottles of Kombucha(http://www.synergydrinks.com/kombucha.html), which is this fermented tea drink that I've read about online at health blogs, and a bottle of sparkling water (raspberry lemon flavor). I just thought this would help me hydrate and mix it up from plain ol' tap water.

Now I am finally back in my hotel room, snuggled in for the night. I need to decide on food for dinner so I need to either 1) Google delivery restaurants in the area, 2) order room service, or 3) go down to the restaurant in the hotel. Number 3 is my last option so I guess I better get Googling. Even though I napped today I am still feeling very tired and my back is still achy. I kind of want to eat dinner then curl up in bed. I have to be up early (my appointment is scheduled for 7:30 am so that Patricia can head out for her family Easter gathering) and I might have to walk to the blood center so bed early is probably a good idea.

I am really hoping that I can find a chinese restaurant that delivers. I want general tsao's chicken and white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment