Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Two, Entry One

I am much more well rested after hitting the hay early last night, although I did give myself a kink in my neck from sleeping awkwardly. Last night I adventured up the street to the Whole Foods Market and fell in love. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the spicy smell in the air. I love stores that have that. I wandered for about an hour, kind of aimlessly. I went in for bagels and cream cheese for breakfast in my hotel room (to go with the pears I brought from home). I wound up leaving with bagels, cream cheese, garlic hummus, crackers, and ranch dressing for when I order pizza in tonight (I have the odd habit of dunking my pizza in ranch, you may cringe but try it - it is SO good!).

I am just about on my way out the door for round two of my injections. I don't have any side-effects as of yet, but we will wait and see. In my own Biology major way I am curious as to how achy you get. I guess I should give myself a few days to wait and see, then I will more than likely have my answer.

Patricia just called me again to relay the information of a young man who works at the Cheesecake Factory here in Providence who just donated. He was quite excited to hear that there was another donor in the area. She gave me his work schedule for today and tomorrow so that if I felt like going to chat I could. She also gave me his phone number.

If I go to the zoo today that could very easily be an after-zoo trip to go chat with him about the whole process. Even though the information you get is thorough, it is always nice to talk to someone who has been there and done that. It eases your nerves a bit more than a pamphlet of information.

In a way I wish my Mom would've just called in sick and come down for the whole trip. Its not that I can't be alone, I do just fine on my own, I just want company while exploring the zoo and the neighborhood. I find it more fun to share exploring with others than to do it alone. Oh well, she will be here Easter Sunday.

How I am feeling so far today: much more well rested, no abnormal aches and pains yet, less nervous than yesterday, and excited to go to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment